// by Jocelyn Tolbert
You might just get your hair trimmed and wash your face. Or you might freak out at the thought of only doing those things. No matter if you’re more high- or low-maintenance, there are still plenty of ways to prep for looking your best on your big day.
Six months before the wedding
• Start prepping your skin care. “We would recommend brides to come in six months in advance to have one of our aestheticians look at your skin,” says Heather Lousignont, spa group coordinator at The Spa at Ponte Vedra Inn and Club. “Exfoliation and chemical peels, a lot of times those are best and most effective if they’re in a series. We recommend three.”
• Skin care is also linked to your diet, so now’s a good time to start focusing on fruits and vegetables and drinking a lot of water to hydrate your skin. An aesthetician or a nutritionist can make recommendations tailored to you.
• Schedule your hair and makeup consultations.
• Start working out.
• If you’re thinking about microblading your brows, three to six months before the wedding is recommended. “They would do one touch-up about three months later to make sure they look really full and after that, it’s good for a year,” says Lousignont.
• Get a hair trim and color touch-up. Talk with your stylist about a timeline for another trim. This isn’t the time for a big chop.
• Have your final makeup and hair trials. Bring your veil or headpiece to your stylist so she can incorporate it into the style.
• Get a facial or peel. “Don’t do anything too close to the wedding as far as peels go, especially if you’ve never had a treatment before. You don’t know how your skin is going to react,” Lousignont says.
• Whiten your teeth or switch to a whitening toothpaste.
Week of the wedding
• Get a bikini wax and final eyebrow shaping.
• Keep drinking lots of water.
• Get your spray tan two days before the wedding.
• A day or two before the big day, hit the spa with your girlfriends. “Enjoy a day of relaxation,” Lousignont says. “Weddings can be really stressful. Get a massage, manicures and pedicures are popular, possibly a body scrub to make sure your skin looks great.”
Day of the wedding
• Eat a healthy breakfast. You’ll need it.
• Get your hair and makeup done.
• Have a glass of champagne and enjoy the day!