// by Jocelyn Tolbert
It may be hard to recall, or it may be burned into your memory forever—for better or for worse. Either way, that first date was just the initial chapter in a great love story. Dating website EliteSingles recently conducted a survey about what people are really thinking when they’re on a first date. Think back on the first time you went out with your future spouse. Do these ring true for the two of you?
• The majority of both men and women notice their date’s teeth before anything else.
• 60 percent know within the first five minutes if they want to see that person again.
• Nine out of ten women think makeup is essential, but 43 percent of men prefer a natural look.
• 25 percent of men have taken a bathroom break to relax their racing heart (aww!).
• Most women worry about not knowing what to say, but men worry that they won’t impress their date.
• 75 percent of women don’t want to kiss on the first date, but 63 percent of men do.